VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

Poll: Is Windows Media Encoder the best way to stream live video to a website?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Here is my problem. Our church is begining to stream live services using Windows Media encoder. This is fine but what we would like to do is stream more than one recorded wmv file without combining multiple files into one big file. At the present time we have combined 3 service's that total 3 hours into one file that is almost 1 gig in size. We would like to be able to have a way of creating some way of automating the system that when one file has completed the next would automatically start.

Is there a way of doing this with Windows Media Encoder or is there another type of application that will allow us to achieve this?

All your suggestions and help would be greatful!

You can check out our first attempt at doing this at www.hpwc.org and then click the sermon tab. Constructive critisim will be greatly appreciated. But please remember we are all new to this, so be gentle.

Thanks for your help with this first post I have created!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    smcalpine,

This can be done via the Sources Tab. You can simply Add additional sources and then define their behavior. Such as having the first Source being your Live camera with a Stop condition for "at end", then add an additional Source, rename it Prerecorded Promo Piece #1 and have it either "roll over to your next source", "loop" or roll over to your first source - in this instance your live camera. At any point while any source is playing - you can select your named source and switch between them so if you had something set to Loop - it could be taken off this manually by selecting any other source.

Hope this answers your question.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the help! This really did help! I just gave ita try and it is exactly what I'm looking for

Spencer
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no problem. Keep in mind that you have some flexibility with choosing devices, files, or combinations of device and files. Therefore you could show a Promo Graphic for the video and have device audio - then cut live to the video feed while having continuous live audio. Best thing is to play around in there and you'll see what it's capable of but I think it'll fulfill what you need.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a live source (firewire) that I want to add promos or prerecorded content into the stream.

I converted files to wmv, but Encoder 9 gives me a unknown format mesage, but I read that Encoder 9 supports this and many other file formats.

Any ideas
    Quote Quote