VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for regular DVD-Rs but I want them to be silver instead of the usual purple. I have heard some comment on the existence of such DVD-R. If anyone know I would appreciate to know where I can get them.

Thanks in advanced!
    Royalty Free Visual FX & Stock Footage
    http://www.motiondrops.com
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Some brands of CD-R and CD-RW look silver because of the dye used, but no DVD+/-R discs look like this. All DVD+/-R discs basically use the same purplish dye because it's the only thing that works. There's a little more flexibility with CD-R discs as multiple types of dyes work with them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nowhere - not even MAM-A Gold (or Silver) have "gold" or "silver" bottoms: They're purple like all the rest.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the info. I had the feeling it was not true, but technology is changing so quick that I had to ask. The person who told me this is a tech guy who is so good that everyone go to ask for him and always 100% right. I guess he was wrong this time

Thank you again. Cheers.
    Royalty Free Visual FX & Stock Footage
    http://www.motiondrops.com
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Motiondrops
    The person who told me this is a tech guy who is so good that everyone go to ask for him and always 100% right. I guess he was wrong this time
    Nobody is right 100% of the time. You'd do well to understand this.

You can pay for pressed DVDs which will be silver because they are pressed, but that's not really what you asked about. Pressed DVDs is how commercial DVDs are made and you asked about DVD-R, which is consumer burnable.
    Quote Quote