VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I just bought a Kiss DP-1600 y'day and am looking for help in making it work! I am a non-techie so please keep it understandable for me
    OK, the status: i am trying to connect it wirelessly to my laptop (wires to TV and hifi) to play music and video from there (+ext hard drive). It LOOKS LIKE it's working - but it's not. I ran the software on my laptop to identify media content, had the Kiss find my netowrk and it connected succesfully, but then, nothing... In the Media player menu, there is no content available at all (laptop is on, etc). What am I missing? I have gone into network parameters of the PC (Vista) to allow content sharing... What else... Yes, the Kiss cannot go online to find updates etc, and in Setup/ Current settings, all the addresses (IP, Netmask, Gateway, Primary DNS, 2nd DNS) are on 0.0.0.0 - except the Mac address. It does however has my Wireless SSID right. Is it even connected to the network then?
    So what is wrong - and can you help me solve it ?

Bonus questions - for if/ when this is solved:
    - How to unlock the regions on the DVD player to play any DVD from other regions ?
    - It seems like i need to add again the media content of the external hard drive into the Kiss software every time i disconnect the HD - is there a way around that ?

By the way, I have called Linksys and the support for the DP-1600 is only be email. Emailed them to no avail... There is a generous reward in cyber-chocolate if you can make it work :P ... No, seriously, help appreciated ! My email GJLCAP@yahoo.com in case that's useful.

Thanks
    G.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Put some stuff on the kiss to make sure its working without your PC. Then go back to the network settings and start again. TURN OFF your PC firewall (zonealarm?) and turn off your anti-virus. then install the kiss software on your pc. Failing that, bring it back to the shop for a refund, its only a few months old and you could buy something better. avsforums.co.uk also.
    Keep the hard drive plugged in.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote