VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. How can I convert one of my copyrighted DVD's into 3gp?

2. I have a few seasons of a TV show on a copyrighted dvd and would like to convert certain episodes over to 3gp instead of the entire DVD, how do I do that?

I have read the tutorial on using SUPER and understand that but what do I need to do to get the DVD ready to convert?

I have decypted one of my copyrighted TV show dvd's, but can only watch 19 min. of a 22 min. episode. The other episodes don't start at the beginning and some even have the commentary on.

The software I am using to decrypt the DVD is called DVD Decrypter

The software I am using to convert the DVD is called Quick media converter
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would use dvd shrink in the reauthoring mode to cut out the episode(use the reauthoring mode, click on dvd shrink for guides) and be sure to just keep one audio track.
    Then convert the vob to 3gp using for example super or free 3gp video converter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok so I decrypt the DVD, run DVD shrink, and then a converter program?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok how do I get the file size down? I just did a 22 min episode and it came out to be .98 GB (that's the size it is to begine with too) when I did this before before the same episode that cut out at 19 min used around 25mb What'd I do wrong? Does 3g make it smaller?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also I'm having one other problem. When I go to convert the file one episode is complete and normal, but cuts out after 2 min. All the others have the commentary turned on and start at the middle and cut out at the end.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think your going to have to change vobs to mpeg2, then load them into an editing program such as tempgenc or movie maker or maybe virtual dub or even avidemux

edit and export the segments you want

then convert those segements/episodes into 3g
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, but how do I get the entire episode? It's only converting part of it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you did not understand what i said

you rip the DVD, you take (1) dvd vob, convert it to mpeg, load the mepeg into the video editing program, there you will edit and export the episode segment you want

IF that vob only has part of the segment, then you will have to edit the other part from the next vob/mpeg , then use the editing program to join them

this is a multi-step process , using several programs, and you will be learning to edit video

this is NOT a one step push button, all in one process using only one program
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks I did this about a hour ago and it fixed it. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote