VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi

I have a DVD video that has a game also included.

I can play the game on Window Media Player only.

but when I extract the menu (including the game), the game plays by itself as video so fast that I cannot even click on anything.

How can I extract the game and convert it to flash or whatever so I can play it on my PC without the DVD?

thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it a standalone game that has its own system of files? Or is it one of those remote based games that you can use on a regular dvd player and just a remote?

If it is remote based I don't know of a way to get the same interactivity on a rip other than to rip the entire disc to the pc (ie dvd shrink, ripit4me, anydvd, etc).

If it is an actual computer game than you can simply install it on to your pc as you would a regular game. Just find the setup file on the dvd in the explorer folder.

I may not be interpreting the type of game you are talking about correctly. If not please offer more desprictions and one of us here might be able to offer you a solution.

AND welcome to the website!
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I knew you wont understand my english
    i am really sorry!

anyhow, thanks for your reply. and it is not a game, just an anime has a game.

I hope this video explains
    http://www.zshare.net/video/1479596475021448/

ok, I have tried anydvd which preserve the menu AND at least one chapter from the dvd.

but the question is "how can i just preserve the menu only or just the game if possible?"

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The short answer is that you cannot simply extract the game or convert it to flash. What you would have to do it extract all the still and/or video images that make up the game, then work out the rules and re-program it is in actionscript (assuming you want to play it in flash).

You might be able to use VobBlanker or similar to create a very cut down version of the DVD by killing everything else around it, but you would have to start by extracting the entire DVD in the first place and go from there.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!

thanks a lot guns1inger

that what I was looking for.

I extract the game and I can play it with Media Player. 3 MB

ummm....
    just another question ^^"

when I convert it to ISO and play it with Media Player, it doesn't work.
    Any suggestion?

thanks anyway
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use VLC, which can play ISOs (although I don't know if it will play a DVD from within an ISO), or mount the ISO with Daemontools, then use WMP.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote