VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    the problem is that they have macrovision is there a software fix for this the ones I have read about use AIW cards I am hoping there is a software fix or rename a file fix for this
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From what I know for Theatre 550 and Theatre 650 are not. For the first 2 version of Theatre (Rage Theatre and Theatre 200) exist. To capture with your capture card you need a TBC unit or use other board captures
    which does not take into account macrovision signal.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    in past ati cards it has been simply to rename a certain file and it will work without macrovision
    anyone know what file I could disable?
    My VCR has a TBC built in but it doesn't seem to help
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need a separate TBC (full frame) to remove unwanted macrovision signals. VCR with TBC integrated, macrovision are not removed, even if TBC signals eliminate the pests, they are artificially reintroduced later in the video signal chain to be in accordance with copyright laws.
    With my capture card on Theatre 550 based, on a video tape protected I succeed to record only a few frames correct. When the macrovision signals are detected I receive a image destroyed.
    My advice is to use other programs than officially delivered (ChrisTV and graphedit) . PowerCinema don `t let me to record nothing with S-Video and composite input even if they are Unprotected. I can only record TV programs with integrated tuner. If ChrisTV see an image like this, then surely we are talking about macrovision. For macrovision tapes protected I use a card based on chip Philips (from SAA 7130 to SAA 7135) and DScaler.
    I believe that the video signal is changed by the Theatre 550 (hardware level), and therefore are not solutions at the driver level.

Daniel

By dannotto at 2008-07-13
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    thanks for the information
    Quote Quote