VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I want to transfer a video clip from a DVD to my LG Chocolate cell phone and would like to know what format I need to use and what programs are required. Is it AVI? I would save the clip to a memory card and then save it to the phone. For some reason I can't get my Data Cable to work. The computer recognizes it, then gives an error message. Anyone have any suggestions, I have tried 2 different Data Cables.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you would be better off on www.howardforums.com in the verizon or LG forums

what model chocolate 8500 or one of the newer ones

you want 3g2 final format, at 15 fps, and 192-240k video bit rate

64k audio,

stereo for earbuds, mono for BT or the phones speaker

use Super to convert the vobs, after your rip them with a ripping program

try 320*240 resolution, or 240*176

with the 8500, you have to use an external card reader to transfer files to the card, put the video in the my_flix folder of the memory card, your phone does not have enough internal memory for whole movies

if the your phone is newer 8600? and has usb mass storage mode in the phones menu, you must still install the drivers from the CD, and you must start the process from the phone NOT the the PC, ths is NOT PC sync. it is a card reader mode,

tools & settings/tools/usb mass storage

turns on the reader, it only works with a memory card, you MUST have a memory card in the phone, and plug in the cable then choose this mode
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The phone is the 8550. Thanks for the replies. Time to do some converting & transferring.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    heres a big info tip for processing video since i nearly pulled my hair out yielding results.

for the lgvx8637::
    the video it can record is at::
    3GPP2 176 x 144 pixels
    176x144 3GPP2
    audio bitrate 14
    video rate 98
    fps 13
    total bitrate 112

for DOWNLOADING TO PHONE
    176x144 and fps set 13 ... nothing else needs to be downgraded or formatted.
    tools used generically in process ::
    flash video downloader==> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6584
    online-converter==> http://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-3g2

note that larger nokia phones and other model version rates may vary wildy. but 13 fps is the max cap and the screen size make it compatible or it will refuse to play locally on the phone.
    Quote Quote