Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    X.I00
    X.I01
    X.I02
    X.I03
    X.I04

I've searched google and this forum, and I haven't been able to find a way to convert these files into AVI, MPEG, or any other popular video file type. Most converters dont recognize this file type. I don't want to burn these to dvds. Any advice?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well what are they supposed to be?

One single video? Multiple?

My guess is that X the unknown is a video broken into multiple parts. Most likely obtained from a bit-torrent client or a Newsgroup. Since you don't mention any of the parts being .rar its likely its not a multipart compressed file. My best guess is that its a file cut into segments by something like HJ Split but those usually don't start with .100.

It does help if you give more information of what you do know about the files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'd try opening the first one with winrar and see if it offers to put them together. it handles most splitting methods.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    absurdism,

If you have an .mds file with those, they're probably a split iso made with DVD Decrypter on a non-NTFS drive.

http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/forums/dvd-software/dvd-shrink-problem-target-image-m...iso-77955.html

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/305321

Assuming there is an mds file, you could burn them to a DVD-RW using DVD Decrypter or ImgBurn to restore their original form, then convert, but you say you don't want to burn them, so I don't know. You can probably mount them and copy the files to the hard drive using daemon tools or somesuch. DVDShrink will probably read them, too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Its a DVD Shrink multi part file. Below is off of www site I googled.

The .I01 is second file of a group of disk image files saved by DVD Shrink, a program that compresses DVD-Video data to fit on a single DVD-R disc; usually saved as part of a sequence of files; for example, the first file has a .I00 extension, the second file ends in I01, the third file has a .I02 extension, etc. Typically saved along with a corresponding .MDS file that defines the data structure of the disc.

So as said above DVDShrink should be able to read.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you all for helpful replies. These files indeed seem split from an iso. My dvd burner isn't working properly at the moment, so burning is out of the question. If I could just return this into an iso file I would be happy. I have no idea how to use DVD Shrink in this aspect. Open file gives the error that no VIDEO_TS.IFO is found. Reauthor DvD yields nothing, as well as read disc. Imgburn and DvD Encryptor wont work with me without a dvd drive. I was actually able to extract X.I01 and found VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, but the other files would not cooperate the same way.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If they've been split "cleanly", you can manually join them with a simple command...start a command prompt window, CD into the folder with the pieces, and try something like

COPY /B X.I00+X.I01+X.I02+X.I03+X.I04 X.ISO

Trev
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TJohns
    If they've been split "cleanly", you can manually join them with a simple command...start a command prompt window, CD into the folder with the pieces, and try something like

COPY /B X.I00+X.I01+X.I02+X.I03+X.I04 X.ISO

Trev
    Great advice. I tried it a couple times and was unable to get the effect I wanted. However you inspired me to search google for "split iso" and I found this application that solved my problem Altap Salamander
    Quote Quote