VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I've installed and uninstalled so many programs that Canopus Procoder 2 wont let me install it anymore, so I need something else that will convert WMV HD/ WMV 9 Advanced Profile / VC-1 (man this codec has alot of names) to avi xvid or even low res h.264 (my pentium 3 500 mhz can handle h264 resolutions up to 480x360 ). I have WinAVI converter 8 and it supports ffdshow codecs (which I *think* ffdshow now supports WMV HD VC-1...I know i haven't installed windows media player 11 and KMPlayer will still play wmv hd files so I figure ffdshow supports it by now), but I don't know if winavi will let me load a WMV HD file to convert or not. I also have Agile Video Splitter which supports ffdshow, so it might work too. I'll try both of those this weekend. However if neither one supports it, what options/programs am I left with? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. And I did a few searches on the website here for this type of conversion and didn't see anything except how to convert *to* WMV HD, not from wmv hd to something else.

Also I'm trying to find a program that will convert any format to mpeg4 H264 AAC in batch format meaning multiple files at once. After Xilisoft's video converter kept giving me fail errors when i tried to convert almost anything, Magic Video Convertor not supporting conversion to mp4 h264 at all and Canopus Procoder *3* not supporting mp4 h264 except at very tiny preset resolutions, I've come to dead end. I don't know what else to use. Agile Video splitter will convert to mp4 h264 but you can only do one file at a time as it's really only meant for splitting and not conversion.

Whew, maybe I could've shortened all that into 5 or 6 sentences but I wanted to show that I have tried multiple programs for both of these conversion problems without success. Again thanks for any help you can give.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe AutoMKV
    Quote Quote  
  3. To make Xvid AVI there is a WMV source plugin for VirtualDub. Or you could also use AviSynth's DirectShowSource() to open WMV files then use just about any encoder (I'd still use VirtualDub). The AviSynth route is preferable since you can do all your filtering there without converting to RGB.
    Quote Quote