VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to convert a couple of my holiday AVIs to a supported video type for my Samsung G600 mobile phone.

I believe it supports 3GP, I'm not sure about MP4 - can anyone recommend some good software to convert and resize to a format that will play on this phone?

Many Thanks,

Steven
    Quote Quote  
  2. NB: I tried using Mpeg Streamclip 1.1 and converted to MP4, but my phone just says "unsupported content" when I try to play it
    Quote Quote  
  3. Portables are very picky on the specs they are able to playback

If the manual and/or support forums for that model don't tell you the EXACT specifications for both video and audio (like codec, bitrate, size, container, type of frames, like b frames, etc...) you might have to post a sample clip here, otherwise you are just guessing on what it can playback. You can try to analyze it yourself with mediainfo and gspot and avinaptic to figure out some of the info.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Used Gspot to determine the following from a video file that came already on the phone:

codec: mp4v
    Mpeg 4 video
    192 kbps
    Codec status undetermined

mmp4: MPEG-4/3GPP Mobile Profile (.MP4 /.3GP) (for NTT)
    - 3gp5: 3GPP Media (.3GP) Release 5
    - 3gp4: 3GPP Media (.3GP) Release 4
    Recommended Display Size: 352 x 288

audio: mp4a: MPEG-4 AAC LC
    info: 16000Hz 64 kb/s tot , stereo (2/0)

Not sure if there is a program that can recreate this?
    Quote Quote  
  5. You still need more information on fps (most mobiles only support crappy 15fps only)

Try mediainfo (view=>text)

If you do a google search, kingconvert and xilisoft apparently both work (unfortunately not free)
    http://www.whatmobile.net/forumvb/showthread.php?t=22208

One user reported the ipod profile working. If so, then you could possibly use freeware apps like videora or avidemux which both have ipod profiles; just match the specs.

good luck
    Quote Quote  
  6. Using a trial of xilisoft, the ipod setting works great - but I cant replicate this with the free software (videora and avidemux) no matter what I try...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by sterankin
    I am trying to convert a couple of my holiday AVIs to a supported video type for my Samsung G600 mobile phone. I believe it supports 3GP, I'm not sure about MP4 - can anyone recommend some good software to convert and resize to a format that will play on this phone? Steven
    Try http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-3GP-Video-Converter.htm

Used their youtube to ipod, and mp3 converter for a while, and they work. Their video tool has somne pixelation, but on a small screen, expectation on a phone/ipod, and free. Can't complain.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by SingSing
    Try http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-3GP-Video-Converter.htm

Used their youtube to ipod, and mp3 converter for a while, and they work. Their video tool has somne pixelation, but on a small screen, expectation on a phone/ipod, and free. Can't complain.
    This worked perfectly, thankyou very much for your help!
    Quote Quote