VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WinXP SP2, 3GHz Core2 Duo, Intel D975XBX2, 4GB RAM, 750GB disk

Latest Hauppauge drivers from their website installed.

Brand new HVR-1800 works great with RF (cable) input.

Hooked up a VCR to composite input (using the adapter provided) and RCA-plug audio cable. Video looks good, but no audio in both WinTV and BeyondTV. Connecting audio from VCR to the PC's audio line-in shows there's a good signal, so the problem has to be in the hardware or driver. In this configuration the audio is several seconds ahead of the video (due to the MPEG encoding delay on the Hauppauge card, most likely) so that's not a solution.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get composite audio input working?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the HVR 1800 MC Kit so it's a little different than yours but I have only recorded TV so far. I haven't recorded from External source yet so I can't really help, tonight. I'll hook up a VCR tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

Here is a link to the manual for the HVR 1800 in pdf format...

http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/manuals/qi-hvr-1800.pdf
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check the Audio settings and see if you have to select the line input on the sound card....Something might be Muted....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm getting audio but I can only select S-Video when I'm connected with Composite and the video is black and white and looks like crap.

Make sure you have WinTV Wave selected under Configure > MPEG Settings > Audio.

Anyone who says that Hauppauge is better than ATI AIW is crazy. The MMC software is 100 times better than this WinTV crap. The Digital tuners on this card are fine but the analog capture is the worst I've ever seen.

I wish AMD would pull there heads out and start producing ATI HD-AIW cards.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My Hauppauge PVR-350 is brilliant.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    jhg it sound like there maybe a problem with the card it self or software problem but more likely it has something to do with to much system memory try drop the memory down to 2 GB this has been know to cuase problem.
    Try this change the option to S/Video input even know you don't have it hook and be sure the RCA-plug audio cable his hook up to HVR-1800 so dose it get any audio that way?.

DarrellS sound like yyour using the wrong input with in WinTV
    See this
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_faq_wintv6.html#external
    It possable that your Composite/SVideo Adapter is bad
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DarrellS sound like yyour using the wrong input with in WinTV
    See this
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_faq_wintv6.html#external
    It possable that your Composite/SVideo Adapter is bad
    I tried another adapter for the same card and it's the same thing.

EDIT: Someone needs to fix the manual and state that you have to ADD SOURCE and not use the Composite and Composite1 that are listed in WinTV. The page that you linked me to gave the wrong instructions also...

This is wrong (works for S-Video but not Composite)...

Click on the Button MENU and “Suite-Manager” to open the channel manager. Select the <Sources> tab and highlight the <Composite> or <S-video> source .

The video format commonly used in Europe is Pal-BGHIDK, type a name for the channel and a description and click on <Save> and <Close>.

Should have read...

Click on the Button MENU and “Suite-Manager" to open the channel manager. Select the Sources tab and highlight Add Source.
    The video format commonly used in the USA is NTSC-M, type a name for the channel and a description and click on Save and Close.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It only an Example on how to do DarrellS
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Problem solved:

I had to bring the audio drivers up to the most recent release (from Intel) for this motherboard and then completely remove and reinstall the Hauppauge drivers and application set. After that it seems to work well.
    Quote Quote