VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I know this is a subjective question, but I wanted to get some feedback as it has been a while I have gone through these tools for this topic.

I have a number of pre-authored VIDEO_TS directories. I would like to convert many of the streams to either Xvid or Divx for storage puprposes.

I was wondering, at this time, what is the best tool or method to do so ?

Ideally I would like to batch process alot of the TS's so it'd be nice to get to rename the output files (unlike the DivX converter) and I could load up a number of discs worth at a time.

Thank you all very much !!!!!
    ~~~Spidey~~~

"Gonna find my time in Heaven, cause I did my time in Hell........I wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well......" - The Man - Keef Riffards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thank you very much Baldrick !!!!!!
    ~~~Spidey~~~

"Gonna find my time in Heaven, cause I did my time in Hell........I wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well......" - The Man - Keef Riffards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Been using AutoGK for a number of days now - thank you again - I had 2 follow-up questions if possible -

1 - Is there any way to simply state a bitrate to use rather than specifying a disc size ? ie on the quality, I saw somewhere 75 % is the default but what bitrate does that compare to for the vid stream ? I'd like to have them about a 1 meg vid stream...as I believe that will yield minimal to no loss

2 - some of the conversions have resulted in being fairly off synch for the a/v. Is it recommended then to just keep the exising ac3 2 channel audio ? As while the vbr mp3 would help, in the long run it may not be worth it, in possibly having the synch issues vs the storage space saved. Any opinions or thoughts ? All movies are being archived on external drives.

Thanks All !!!!!
    ~~~Spidey~~~

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1 _ i've never changed the default settings myself, but I remember reading that you can adjust it, likely in the advanced settings. Although I dont know how much benefit you'd actually see, depending on your source anyway.

2 - it is typically recommended to NOT use vbr. It typically always causes sync issues during playback. Keep the original audio or use CBR.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. And dont forget you can go to this page (allowable?) to add some divx ultra functionality to your completed avi
    http://labs.divx.com/MenuRaider
    Its the only comprehensible way I've found (sorry TRIPOD) while keeping the quality(sorry Divx author)
    Autogk/Fairuse followed by Menuraider. STill wont do subtitles properly tho, you just have to keep in in the same folder and the same name. A rule of thumb I would use when compressing is to expect a file one quarter of the size of the original. I am generally happy keeping the original AC3.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you both very much. I'll check out the other sources
    ~~~Spidey~~~

Quote Quote