VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you. I suppose that what I should do is try a few variations and see what I get, then proceed from there.

I actually have only a couple of videos taken with the new SONY in AVCHD format. Most of what I want to do involves capturing my old VHS and HI-8 home video, editing and cleaning it up, and burning it to DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by crestonave
    Thank you. I suppose that what I should do is try a few variations and see what I get, then proceed from there.

I actually have only a couple of videos taken with the new SONY in AVCHD format. Most of what I want to do involves capturing my old VHS and HI-8 home video, editing and cleaning it up, and burning it to DVD.
    I would stick to DV or digital intermediate capture for that. Uncompressed or Huffyuv are also an option.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Okay, just letting everyone know my story...

I got a new HD camcorder. Upgraded from SD sony handycam. I recieved the new AVCHD Sony HDR-SR11. I wanted to edit some video i shot, so i opened up my regular editing software...Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0...it does edit HD video, but its glitchy while editing and doesn't export FULL HD. So i downloaded Sony Vegas 8.0 off the sony vegas website...then i opened it up...clicked import...and it automatically came up with the slot my camera was in...so i clicked import...and it imported all my video and i waited about 5 minutes to import...then i edited and exported in FULL HD and uploaded it to youtube...which now supports hd video and those cameras don't go to waste...and just trust me...don't but a dv hd camcorder...get and avchd camcorder...

1. AVCHD cameras are easy to import...no waiting for tapes to play back and capture

2. Use sony vegas to edit...its not hard, just play around and find some tutorials

3. Sony vegas exports in hd

4. Youtube now supports hd

5. CAMERAS NOW DON'T GO TO WASTE!

6. And the quality is just amazing for these little handycams...

7. I recommend the Sony HDR-SR10, SR11, SR12 camcorders...

they're a little bit high in price, but they are perfect for home movies, uploading to the web, and making your own hd dvds with a sony vaio laptop.

8. Since the AVCHD sony handycams are by sony, Vegas works great with it, vaios are even better to edit with it...and it was really easy to figure out...don't buy all these expensive plugins, converters, extra softwares...

i once used adobe, and it was easy to switch over to vegas...just mess around with it...and since i still have adobe editing softwares...i still use them for other projects
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sony Vegas 8 can import AVCHD, although play back is very sluggish. Premiere CS4 works fine with AVCHD with my Canon Vixia HG20
    Quote Quote