VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ToolShed (or TShed) is a program that provides front-end interfaces to some of the most widely used video/audio freeware available. Originally, I made the tools available in TShed for my personal use. As time went on and I posted more at videohelp.com, I realized others may find some of these tools helpful. Version 1 only provides tools for DGPulldown, Quenc and HCenc. More tools that I have made will be added, however, more time is needed to make them more "user friendly" as they were originally made for only one person to use.

Screen Shots:

Main Menu

TShed Settings

QuencInTShed

HCencInTShed

DGPulldownInTShed

Here is a link to the EXE on Rapishare: Link. You need .Net Framework 2.0 to run the application and it is just for Windows users at this time. The install program will just put the necessary files on your computer, the current version DOES NOT check for .Net Framework 2.0 on your computer. Also, it goes without saying that you need Avisynth 2.5 or higher to use HCencInTShed and QuencInTShed as avs files is all they accept.

Once the project has been accepted by SourceForge.net, I will change the link and it will be submitted to Videohelp.com as a tool.

Please read the guide "Guide.txt" before using TShed, especially HCencInTShed.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TShed is Open Source and the source code will be made available for those that may want to modify or add more functionality.

Also, Quenc, HCenc and DGPulldown does not come with the application. I kind of had some reservation about adding them to the install.

I am pretty much available throughout most of the day. So if you find bugs or have some ideas please add your comments in this section.

FFMpeg Audio, Avisynth Scripting, MKVExtract and OGMDemuxer are some of the programs that I have written for my own personal use that will be added to TShed over the next few months or so.

I hope it will prove useful to people.

Edit: Some of the tools are limited at this time (no mpeg-4 for Quenc) because I didn't use them that much and thus didn't really know much about them. However, the code makes it very easy to add new functionality. The guide breaks down alot of the features that are not available although it is very evident when looking at the Guis.

Edit: The program uses Multithreading and you have to be very careful to choose the correct number of processors in the settings. For HCencInTShed and QuencInTShed, only 1 window will pop open at this time (I don't have a Quad so didn't know what the effects were if you had 2 windows open), but DGPulldown can have up to 4 Windows running at the same time. I have a Dual Core, so I was not able to really test the 4 Windows running. However, you can just put 1 Processor in if you do not want that many windows open at the same time. The FFMPeg Audio and MKVExtract tools that will be added later will act just like DGPulldown, where the number of threads (windows) will be the number of processors you choose.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, nice stuff! Very impressive
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    Hey, nice stuff! Very impressive
    Soopafresh, Have you used it yet?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I forgot to mention, HCencInTShed and QuencInTShed supports Drag N Drop. So you don't have to use the menu, you can just find the directory with the AVS Files and drop them into the List and those items can be re-arranged as well.

I don't think I mentioned that in the Guide.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I made some slight changes and a new link has been posted in the original thread or you can go here.

If you have already set your exe locations, just go to the TShed directory and move the TShed.ini file and after the installation of TShed 1.1, just put the TShed.ini file back into the directory. If you do not do this, you will have to redo your location settings.

If interested, see the ChangeLog.txt for changes.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The link has been changed to the SourceForge.net location. The EXE now checks for the .Net Framework 2.0.
    Quote Quote