VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    anyone using it successfully? i tried it out and get it to run fine. i connect two quad 2.4 and a dual 2.4 for a total of 10 cpus over a gb enet lan that transfers at about 65MB/s which is the speed the drives can sustain. a test run shows all 10 cores using about 50% cpu and the render takes around 3 minutes. running the same render on one quad 2.4 takes 1 minute. ??? at what point is vegas distributed rendering useful? anyone know?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss
    anyone using it successfully? i tried it out and get it to run fine. i connect two quad 2.4 and a dual 2.4 for a total of 10 cpus over a gb enet lan that transfers at about 65MB/s which is the speed the drives can sustain. a test run shows all 10 cores using about 50% cpu and the render takes around 3 minutes. running the same render on one quad 2.4 takes 1 minute. ??? at what point is vegas distributed rendering useful? anyone know?
    Hmm. Rich man's problem.

I've tried it with P4 and core2duo. I find there is idle time while you breakout and assign tasks. A fast LAN is needed (gigabit that is acrtually working). I think the bottleneck is the network but have not investigated too closely.

I've had best results with effects/composite rendering. Less so with encoding.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just a working man's problem. they all render for my small (one man) video business and they are all i've got., and i built them all in house. i was hoping to use them all from my workstation but it's seems it's faster to roll my chair around to the other computers and use them individually on separate projects.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss
    just a working man's problem. they all render for my small (one man) video business and they are all i've got., and i built them all in house. i was hoping to use them all from my workstation but it's seems it's faster to roll my chair around to the other computers and use them individually on separate projects.
    That's what I do for encoding. The Vegas render farm helps with complex effects or composite layer rendering. You can assign the render to another machine and keep working. When the render is done, you can preview.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote