VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I am kindof a newbie, I used to be really uptodate with everything about 3 years back but lost interest for a while and am back trying to figure something out,

Problem: I am trying to burn a file to dvd using adobe encore, it is already an mpeg file which was taken from a non copyrighted dvd, I used magic dvd ripper to take it from dvd to mpeg, well I can play the files in windows media player and view the files in multiple programs, except adobe premier cs3 and encore, I used video inspector which shows I have the codecs(already knew that), but when I try to open it in a adobe product it does not import correctly sometimes I get nothing, othertimes I get a long green footage with the original audio, video inspector says it is an incomplete file, I am not sure if it is the same as open gop or not. but I suspect that this is why adobe will not read it, but again I am not sure,

Goal: I would like to fix the file without having to re-render the file, why? becuase their are lots of file and I do not have time to re-render all of them, and I do not want to lose original quality, I tried a couple of file fix programs to no avail, it seems as though it has done nothing to the file.

What can I do to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try instead vob2mpg or pgcdemux and split to video and audio streams and import in adobe encore.

If that wont help then post the video details from the vob/mpg using mediainfo.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great Thanks,

I will try that as soon as I can, the only problem is the dvds are in north carolina, and I am in utah, I will be able to get them again in about 2-3 weeks, does anyone know of any solutions without ripping again I would really appreciate it, if not I guess I will just have to get them back again

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, almost forgot here is the media info, if this helps clarify, the file is only 45 minutes long, but mediainfo says 13hrs

General
    Complete name : C:\Users\Travis\Desktop\TITLE03.mpg
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    File size : 1.10 GiB
    Duration : 13h 39mn
    Overal bit rate : 192 Kbps

Audio
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 192 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you have dvdlab it can re-write the gop timecodes after a demux and then you could re-author it to a new dvd. or you can try restream an check the box to reset timestamps, but you may have to de-mux it first to .m2v as for encore it probably doesn't like the ac-3 audio. again de-mux it and encore will accept the .m2v video only stream.
    Quote Quote