VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI i have this external burner it can read a movie..but it doen't recognize a dvd+r ,,and have plenty of these.
    i read in other post that this is a lite on...
    -everytime i load a +R it makes a sound like grasping th drive then the error message
    --------is there anyway i can fix this problem..btw firmware is updated to BYX5 FROM SONY
    ....can i use lite one firmware to fix this issue?
    it can read a dvd+R written already,,like a movie already burnt..
    i'm using verbatim+
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Issues like this are typically one of three basic things. 1) firmware is out of date 2) media issues 3) faulty hardware

Since you have the latest firmware, you are down to media and hardware. Although you are using good media already, it's possible you have a bad batch or simply that the Sony doesn't like that brand/type. It's easy enough to try different media. Aside from that, you may just have a faulty burner.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    krispy,,thanks for the advice,,,
    what i know for sure,,is that no more sony burners..
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This thread should be moved to the DVD REWRITER section.
    SONY doesn't manufacture their dvd burners anymore. SONY is infamous for not providing updated firmware to match newer media id's.

You can try crossflashing your drive to the LITEON firmware. IMHO it sounds like your drive is dying. Buy a new one since they're inexpensive these days.
    Quote Quote