VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have recently purchased AT&T Uverse. I will record movies to my DVR. After that I try to record these onto a DVD with my Philips DVD recorder--dvdr 3475. When I had Direct TV through AT&T, I had no problems with dvd recording. However, every now and then I can't seem to record DVDs when I record movies to my DVR. I get the message "This program is not recordable in +VR mode." I have been able to record some movies; however, here lately I can't. I am using Memorex DVD+RW DVDs. What can I do to be able to record movies again?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What you are attempting to record is either Pay Per View or heavily DRM'd stuff like Cinemax....there is nothing you can do about it legally.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try to use a DVD+R.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could also try "video mode" instead of "VR mode". Otherwise, hech54 is likely correct.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I could not record a number of AT&T Uverse channels on my Toshiba DVD recorder , but I also have a Lite-On LVC-9016G recorder that does allow recording . Today I discovered that when the Uverse signal is routed thru the LVC-9016G I can then record on the Toshiba .
    Quote Quote