VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to burn movie DVD from AVI file and need to add subtitle from .srt file. How can I convert .srt subtitle file in to DVD format

2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ConvertXtoDVD or the freeware Avi2Dvd can do that if you want an easy way. Probably others in: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/all-in-one-dvd-converters

BTW, using a larger font won't help get more answers, you will probably get less.

And welcome to our forums.

Search Comp PM
    FAVC and DVD Flick can also do this
    Read my blog here.

Search Comp PM
    I think you also have to make sure the .avi and the .srt files have exactly the same names. Rename them if necessary.

Search Comp PM
    If you are playing them back form a standalone this is important. For most authoring tools it isn't so much of a problem because you can select the sub files separately, regardless of what they are named.
    Read my blog here.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gayanx
    I need to burn movie DVD from AVI file and need to add subtitle from .srt file. How can I convert .srt subtitle file in to DVD format
    BUY the original (movie), that is rule #1.

7. I spent like 16 hours converting adding and burning and still ended up really bad sinq to the dialogue. But I found a great free video converter and burner that adds srts right next to your selected video ,, and it even can squish like 20 episodes of a tv series onto one 3,5 dvd. so what is this miracle,you ask? Its: FREEMAKE VIDEO CONVERTER
    Johndee

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use ConvertXtodvd which takes avi and srt files and converts to dvd, but I put on at least 4 sets of subtitles because of syncing problems. Really user friendly program, although if you put say 3 movies on, the conversion is quite slow, up to 2 hours. If anyone else is using this program, is there a way with it to sync subtitles?
    My favoutite subtitle sites:
    findsubtitles.com subscene.com

Have a great day everyone and hello from Australia
    Champannie