VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ...only subtitle options I get in Virtualdub and like programs are asking for an SRT, SSA, etc. Don't have one since they are encoded into the Divx file. Can't find them elsewhere on the internet. Have no desire to learn to speak Spanish fluently enough to enjoy the movie (of course I probably could've by the time I ever get this resolved LOL).
    Is there a way I can get the subtitles in the stream "seen" so I can keep them on when I encode as an MPEG in TMPGenc ? ANy help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Gracias
    CK
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If it's a .divx container I haven't seen any demultiplexer to strip out the subtitle yet. Maybe try virtualdubmod(under stream->stream list) or avimuxgui will find the subtitle track but I doubt it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Do you know if the subtitles are burned in or not? If they are burned in, you should just be able to convert the video. If they are selectable and part of the Divx container, you could join the forums at divx.com and ask for help. Depending on the nature of the content you got (ie. whether it's a copy of a commercial DVD or something else entirely) they might be able to help you demux them.
    Quote Quote