VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can 'mount the image' from daemon tools and point to the *.mds file. after this the Window media player can not play it . it keep saying

"Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings."

i tried what it say, but it didnt work

What should i do?
    i am desperate to play the file
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quick cure, try VLC Media Player. It may be able to play it directly without using Daemon. I use it with ISO and other image files and it may work with .mds, never tried those. Windows Media Player is fairly limited, IMO. Otherwise you will need both a MPEG-2 codec and a player software that understands the DVD format. WMP doesn't come with either.

Other DVD player programs are available in our 'Tools' section to the left.

And welcome to our forums.

EDIT: If you are using Vista Home Premium or higher, it should have DVD playback capability built in. But VLC is worth having around anyway. It willl play just about any video format, without having to add codecs
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You don't point the media player to the .mds file after it is mounted. You point it to the drive letter created by Daemon tools to represent the CD/DVD drive.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote