VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the SVN 2907 has been noted to have an issue with subtitles. It will not burn them in at all. The developers said that the next release will have that fixed.

And I misunderstood what you were trying to do. I thought you were working with DVD files to create a MKV with subs.

So you have a MKV file with softsubs right now? And you are trying to re-encode to another MKV file with burned-in subs? If that is correct, then the next release of Handbrake might work for you. I think the previous SVN 2845 or something like that did not have the subtitle issue so you could try it. Don't know what was fixed between the releases though, so something else might be broken. It is possible that HDConvertToX might work for you as well. I haven't really done any work starting with MKV files though, so don't know for sure.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also, it looks like Handbrake is not seeing any frames in your video (says expects 34-35k and sees 0). Don't know what the problem is. Not sure it is a video issue or Handbrake issue. I take it the video plays fine on your computer?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by txporter
    Also, it looks like Handbrake is not seeing any frames in your video (says expects 34-35k and sees 0). Don't know what the problem is. Not sure it is a video issue or Handbrake issue. I take it the video plays fine on your computer?
    Video plays fine on my computer. Also I'm afraid I'm going to have to avoid Handbrake. I joined the forums to post the same log I did here so they'd know about it, and got banned. Not sure if they're just assuming an MKV with Japanese audio is pirated (it isn't, I do some translation and proofreading work), or they didn't like getting just another message about the subtitles not working. Given that "friendly" reception I think I'll stick to other tools
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lol. Yes, that forum that be harsh. Similar to the treatment received on doom9. I don't really post there. Just wade in for information. I will probably continue to use Handbrake. Once you find an encoding profile that you like, it is deliciously easy to queue up a bunch of programs for conversion and walk away. I like XVID4PSP quite a bit for the amount of options that you are given, but having to sit there and let it index and then look for interlacing and then look for field order can get tedious. Sorry to hear about your welcome there though.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have DL'd the FCP version of XvID4PSP 5.0 since someone on another forum assured me this should work. When I first tried to run it I would do fine until I tried to add the subtitles, and then I'd get the following message in red in the Preview Pane:
    LoadPlugin: unable to load "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XVID4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\VS Filter.dll"

I went into my CCCP directory and found this filter and copied it to the location above, and I finally got an encode to run and complete. The problem now is that the audio sounds like someone is running a cassette tape in Fast Forward. Any ideas on what else might need to be configured/changed? I noticed that it seemed to be using one of the Nero tools I have installed on this system. Could that be the problem?

Oh, and while I did "Add" the subtitles, they don't show.

Thanks again for the help!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have to let everyone know that there is a tool that I've finally found that works with my setup AND that works with the embedded subtitles so you don't have to extract them first - Format Factory (http://www.formatoz.com/). It converted two MKV files properly for my iPhone and did them both in less than 10 minutes. Color me tickled pink (which is slightly rosier than regular pink)

FWIW!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the first time I use this software. It seems look great, but when I try to convert mov HD trailer to TS with AC3 audio, I get the following error message "Error: Can`t find output audio file!". do you know where does it come from?

Code:
    PLATFORM
    ------------------------------
    OEMCodePage: 850
    Language: FRB
    DecimalSeparator: ,
    Framework: 2.0.50727.3603
    Processors: 2
    Machine: REPAIR-OCAYZ0U5
    UserName: Laurent
    SystemDrive: C:

XVID4PSP
    Version: 5.037
    Created: 27/08/2009 19:10:14
    TempPath: F:\Temp
    AppPath: C:\Program Files\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5

FILES
    sony2012_trlr_01_480p_dl.mov >
    sony2012_trlr_01_480p_dl.ts

TASK
    Format: TS
    Duration: 00:01:14:700 (1791)
    VideoDecoder: DirectShowSource
    Resolution: 848x360
    VCodecPreset: x264 Q21 Ultra
    VEncodingMode: Quality
    VideoCodec: h264 > x264
    VideoBitrate: 2457 > Q21.0
    Framerate: 23.976
    SourceType: PROGRESSIVE
    FieldOrder: UNKNOWN
    AudioDecoder: bassAudioSource
    AEncodingPreset: AC3 192k
    AudioCodec: AAC > AC3
    AudioBitrate: 80 > 192
    Samplerate: 48000
    Channels: 2

VIDEO ENCODING
    Encoding video to: F:\Temp\0003.264
    x264 Q21.0 848x360 23.976fps (1791 frames)
    x264 [info]: cabac=1 ref=3 deblock=1:0:0 analyse=0x3:0x133 me=umh subme=6 psy_rd=1.0:0.0 mixed_ref=1 me_range=16 chroma_me=1 trellis=1 8x8dct=1 cqm=0 deadzone=21,11 chroma_qp_offset=-2 threads=2 thread_queue=2 nr=0 decimate=1 mbaff=0 bframes=3 b_pyramid=1 b_adapt=1 b_bias=0 direct=1 wpredb=1 keyint=250 keyint_min=25 scenecut=40(pre) rc=crf crf=21.0000 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=10 qpmax=51 qpstep=4 ip_ratio=1.40 pb_ratio=1.30 aq=1:1.00
    x264 [info]: slice I:19    Avg QP:12.48  size: 15840
    x264 [info]: slice P:818   Avg QP:17.52  size:  8259
    x264 [info]: slice B:955   Avg QP:20.48  size:  1450
    x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 19.9% 21.9%  9.3% 49.0%
    x264 [info]: mb I  I16..4: 71.6%  4.1% 24.4%
    x264 [info]: mb P  I16..4: 11.5%  3.4%  5.6%  P16..4: 21.4%  9.6%  7.3%  0.2%  0.1%    skip:40.8%
    x264 [info]: mb B  I16..4:  1.7%  0.0%  0.0%  B16..8: 10.9%  0.7%  0.6%  direct: 9.9%  skip:76.2%  L0:28.6% L1:45.2% BI:26.3%
    x264 [info]: 8x8 transform  intra:14.1%  inter:33.3%
    x264 [info]: ref P L0  85.5% 10.4%  4.1%
    x264 [info]: ref B L0  90.1%  9.9%
    x264 [info]: ref B L1  97.0%  3.0%
    x264 [info]: kb/s:903.6

AUDIO ENCODING
    Encoding audio to: F:\Temp\0003.ac3
    AC3 192kbps 2ch 16bit 48000khz

Error: Can`t find output audio file!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you so much for this guide, deeply appreciated. Thought I followed guide correctly but obviously, I did something wrong.

Trying to get a DVD onto my iPod Classic; after encoding, I had my MP4 file saved on the desktop then tried to just drag and drop into iTunes which iTunes says "can't play this video on this iPod." Bwefore encoding I just selected the Format: MP4 iPod 5.0g setting; Video Encoding HQ, Filtering and Color Disabled.

Any advice?
    Quote Quote  
  9. 100% of every single converter I have tried results in the audio being out of sync if I skip ahead or after watching for a bit. Anyone else find that happening with their newly created mp4? Does that happen with this one?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just wanted to post this here for convenience to those that experience the Audio Sync issues when ripping and converting from a DVD. These are suggestions taken from searching the forum from others who experienced Audio Sync issues and said they got Xvid4PSP to work for them.

If you experience Audio Sync issues using XviD4PSP here are some suggestions to help resolve them....

(1) installed YV12 Decoder

(2) installed DivX Codec

(3) This...

Anytime I've had trouble with XVID4PSP I just re-install ffdshow (using whatever version is current at the time) and
    that seems to fix it up. Of course I'm always installing other (usually video releated) programs that I think must affect ffdshow somehow. I guess re-installing it fixes it.

1.) Re-install ffdshow
    2.) Re-install XVID4PSP
    3.) Reboot
    4.) Try again
    5.) Should work now (fingers crossed)

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

(4) from guns1linger

Personally, I rip it with DVDFab Decrypter as Movie only, choosing the sound track I want. I then use VOB2MPG to get a proper mpg file with the video and audio, and convert this file using Xvid4PSP.

No sync problems in conversion to date.

(5) Baldrick says "Or use Handbrake."

I tried 1-3 and still had audio sync issues. I tried 4 and 5 and had no audio sync issues.
    Last edited by Tearren; 6th Jun 2010 at 21:35.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nice but with Version 6.0 out and the it's "new" interface, installation steps etc. this needs an update.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i am trying to watch a movie i downloaded off the net called vamires suck using the xbox 360 now when i watch it on my computer i have all audio but when i try to watch it using the xbox 360 all i get is the music and nothing else i tryed using the XviD4PSP 6.0 and i get the same thing the prgram i am using to steam my videos to my xbox is tversity now this is the only video i have ran across so far that has done this to me everything else plays with no problem can someone help me figure out what is going on whne i use the XviD4PSP 6.0 i get this 8/12/2010 10:47:46 AM ENCODING STARTED
    ----------------------------------------
    Vampires Suck.2010.DvD rip.avi > Vampires Suck.2010.DvD rip.mp4
    MP4 Custom : Vampires Suck.2010.DvD rip.mp4
    H264 ABR 3000kbps
    AAC CBR 128kbps
    8/12/2010 10:47:47 AM CONFIG OUTPUT STREAMS
    Init H264 codec, threads: 8, stream: 0
    Codec timebase: 125 / 2997 > 125 / 2997
    Stream timebase: 125 / 2997 > 1 / 90000
    Init AAC codec, threads: 8, stream: 1
    Codec timebase: 0 / 1 > 1 / 48000
    Stream timebase: 1 / 24000 > 1 / 90000
    Volume: 98.00% (0.98)
    Can't decode audio frame 1 from packet.
    Can't decode audio frame 30145 from packet.
    Can't decode audio frame 66633 from packet.
    Can't decode audio frame 93932 from packet.
    Can't decode audio frame 127639 from packet.
    Flush decoding buffers...
    Flush encoding buffers...
    Flush decoding buffers...
    Flush encoding buffers...
    Memory usage: 185.2 MB
    8/12/2010 11:30:36 AM ENCODING COMPLETED!
    Memory usage after free: 109.7 MB
    Encoding duration: 42 min. 49 sec.
    Out file size is: 1.7 GB
    Overhead: 0.2%
    End encoding time: 8/12/2010 11:30:36 AM
    what do they mean they cant decode the audio frame
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, im trying to convert mp4 video to avi using xvid4psp, this tool does great but only issue i face is, when i play the coverted video on SDTV the picture goes out ( top of the video and sides are getting cropped) i tried 4:3 format and also 16:9 format both i see some picture is gettting lost. can someone help here.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by jvcbpl View Post
    Hi, im trying to convert mp4 video to avi using xvid4psp, this tool does great but only issue i face is, when i play the coverted video on SDTV the picture goes out ( top of the video and sides are getting cropped) i tried 4:3 format and also 16:9 format both i see some picture is gettting lost. can someone help here.
    Are you playing this back on a machine hooked up to an HDTV by any chance? It is quite common for an HDTV to overscan a computer image, creating the issue you've mentioned. If that is the case you will need to see if you can change the scan or formatting of the computer image from the HDTV menu.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What are the best options to use for the PSP 3000 in general?

ALSO, specifically, I'm having a teeny bit of trouble with the conversion of these anime files for Attack on Titans (Shingeki no Kyojin). I converted one of the files using this guide and most of the episode was great. BUT,

1. The first few seconds had a little bit of black pixelation near the top of the screen. Not a big deal but mentionable.
    2. The audio during the intro popped quite badly in quite a few places. The intro is quite loud in spots as it's a kind of fanfare type of song. Very powerful and we love it! So I definitely want to get rid of that problem.
    3. Had some trouble seeing the subs in a few places where the background was a similar color. I think the white font wasn't white enough and the black stroke wasn't black enough.

Any idea how to fix these problems?

If you want to know more about the files themselves, let me know.
    Quote Quote