VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First, this is a wonderful site. Thanks to all those who put time and effort into helping the less informed.

From my handicam, I have created a DVD of a class presentation. My goal is to make this part of a PPT presentation and put it on you tube. I need to edit the video, however, to get the key points.

I have used SmartRipper 2.41 to create a VOB file from the DVD and have downloaded VirtualDub in order to convert to AVI format. I have two questions:

1. When I upload this VOB file into VirtualDub and try to play it, I get the error "No audio could be found to decompress the source audio format". I followed the instructions given in the link from this site

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic223342.html

but I must have done something wrong. Any ideas on what I should be looking for?

2. I'd like to cut different sections of the VOB file into one AVI file. Does VirtualDub allow this?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Don

PS: If you think I should be doing this a different way, please feel free to let me know.[/url]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The audio is probably AC3. Try installing AC3 ACM Decompressor and see if virtualdub opens it then.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote