VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i want to upgrade my tiny d610 60gb memory to something higher...However, I don't know how to go about his and whether what type or rpm is suitable for it. Any suggestions?

I am also wondering what i could do to upgrade the cpu too, but that's not a priority.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    may as well buy a new one. the hd and cpu major components.

you could get a bigger ide hard drive and swap it out, but you need to have the knowledge of how to do it, and how to re-install windows from a cd or backup.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to know the limits, i know its an ide and stuff but is it limited to only 120 gb? or can it go higher? which brand is good and so forth
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There aren't any real limits to the HDD size. Depending on the age of the motherboard or more specifically the BIOS, you may have the 137GB limitation, but the setup software which ships with all retail HDD's can bypass that issue. As for brand, the current favorites are Seagate and Western Digital. But they are all about equal, the major difference being the length of the warranty. I've had good luck with them all, so my major buying consideration is price.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote