VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Maybe it's an old wive's tale but with the older TV sets I'd leave them on all the time and they seemed to last longer like that, is this true with an LCD also or is it better to keep it off as much as possible?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually there can be issues with leaving TVs on all the time. Leaving a TV in standby when you are not watching it can dry out the capacitor used to actually turn it on. If you then do lose power, due to a blackout, for example, you will not be able to power the TV up again (bitter experience on that one)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    LCD TVs use a type of fluorescent bulb as the backlight. It will burn out sooner if leave it on all the time. Lower the brightness level if you want to extend the life.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    If you then do lose power, due to a blackout, for example, you will not be able to power the TV up again (bitter experience on that one)
    I have the TV on a UPS.
    Originally Posted by Vidd
    LCD TVs use a type of fluorescent bulb as the backlight. It will burn out sooner if leave it on all the time. Lower the brightness level if you want to extend the life.
    Thanks, I will turn it off when not in use.
    Quote Quote