VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now, this is a bizarre error.

My DMR-EZ27 was recording just fine on DVD+R media (16x speed) up until yesterday when I got an "Err" then a U61 error, and the usual shutdown routine that does absolutely squat.

I was also getting READ-ONLY errors on DVD-RAM when I tried to record on it, or delete a recording, or formatting!

Basically, it would not record on anything, but it played commercial DVD's just fine.

I suspect that this model is VERY sensitive to vibrations because the problems developed after I was trying to tighten the shelf it was sitting on.

I did a HARD RESET several times, and now it is able to record on DVD-RAM and DVD+RW, but I'm still getting U61 errors with DVD+R -- with which it previously had no problems.

This unit is supposed to be able to write on dual-layer media, so I don't think it is because I'm using a 16x DVD+R. Remember, it recorded on them just fine yesterday.

I wonder, though, if it likes DVD-R more becuase that WAS the native format of previous Pannys.

Tomorrow, I'll try throwing a 4x DVD-R at it and see if I still get the U61 error.

I suspect that I will.

BTW, my RCA-8000N records the 16x DVD+R's just fine (and +R's & +RW's are the sole format on which it can record).

Seeing as how I can record on rewriteable, but not on read-only disks, I would not think that a power-leak is the problem.

Structurally, what's the difference between a +R and a +RW?

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    UPDATE

I'm now able to record on a TDK DVD-R now.

Tonight, I'll try a TDK DVD+R

If that works, well, then I guess it went back to the way it was before the errors.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, it still will not write on DVD+R.

So, I guess I stick to DVD-R's.

Multi-drive? NOT.
    Quote Quote