VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to record from my TV on DVD and i was wondering if there is a way to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, maybe, no, possibly, I don't know. You would have to give us a lot more information before anyone could even guess.

Does your TV have a video/audio out? What DVD recorder? Does the recorder have the same connection in as your TV has out? Why the TV? Are you using a pass through connection from the TV originating from another device? Or are you trying to record a over the air program from the TV? What's your video source and format? A satellite box, cable box, OTA, HDTV?

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i want to buy a DVD recorder and i was wondering if i can record TV programs . I have Comcast with cable Box. The TV is also equiped with AV out and Digital Audio Out. Any recomendations to what should i look for when ill buy something to do the job?

Thankyou
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any DVD recorder that has a tuner will record directly from the cable coax coming into your house, and youc an record channels from the cable box as well. DVDRs with tuners today have a 125-channel NTSC/analog tuner and a 135-channel digital tuner. You'd connect a cable from the DVDR to the TV to watch stuff recorded on it.

When looking for a DVDR, make sure it has a tuner cuz they're selling many nowadays WITHOUT TUNERS, which can only record channels another device, like a cable or sat box, can tune... they can't be used in a standalone situation.

Click my signature for a great unit with 160GB HDD for max. convenience.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thedriver2200
    i want to buy a DVD recorder and i was wondering if i can record TV programs . I have Comcast with cable Box. The TV is also equiped with AV out and Digital Audio Out. Any recomendations to what should i look for when ill buy something to do the job?

Thankyou
    Tell us the model number of your TV and cable box (e.g. SD or HD Motorola).

How is the cable box connected to the TV?

Do you want to record off air channels or just cable channels?

Do you try to record one channel while watching another?

Normal practice is to record directly from the cable box with composite (Yellow) or S-video plus audio (white/red). Why would than not work for you?
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote