VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using a d610 and I'm trying ubunto the latest desktop edition...I tried to get the wireless to work but it's entirely different from what I use to, with just clicks away...though my friend says everything is automatic w/o wifi its kinda useless for me. I use a dell d610 that has a wifi card broadcom. Any suggestions on how to fix my problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Usually Ubuntu will tell you that it has loaded "restricted drivers" for your WiFi, Is there any sort of networking icon in the panel at the top of your desktop?

Usually you need to connect to your WiFi network manually the first time, this is done by left clicking on the WiFi networking icon, then it should give you a dropdown list to select the network you want to connect to.

I don't have a Broadcom WiFi card myself, Perhaps someone with the same hardware could help you more specifically at www.ubuntuforums.org
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well there is, but it wont connect at all, i tried to follow instructions. however i am unable to install ndiswrapper ...
    Quote Quote