VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just want to say up front that I'm a total noob here with respect to video editing, but i'm fairly computer savvy, so I appreciate any help the community here can offer, and I should be able to follow most suggestions.

I have an Aiptek vidcam (interim solution until I can buy a REAL one), and it does an OK job of just making home movies of my family, etc.

It records movies to SDHC card directly in 720p, 60fps, with H.264 Compression, and the files are in MOV format. I have Quicktime Pro to make basic edits (cut, paste, etc.).

My question is what is the best way to get from MOV format to a format that is still in high-def at 16:9 widescreen so that I can actually edit/author movies, add effects, titles, text, etc.

I have two goals here. (1) To upload to a video streaming site (like viddler.com) that encodes in high-def but with the edits and not the raw files, and (2) have a file that I can work with in Windows since I don't own a Mac.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try find a editor that supports h264 directly like Ulead VideoStudio. Maybe not in the mov-container but you can then try remux the mov to mp4 using yamb.
    Quote Quote