VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi everyone this is my first post on any type of forum.. im fairly new to burning dvds in vob format and what not but im catching on fast. ive burned multiple 2 hour movies using xilisoft dvd creator [registered version]. im not sure if thats good software or not it seems to transcode and burn with nice speed [3 hours or less total] and has decent menues. but now for the problem.

all the burns ive done have gone smoothly. until recently i followed the same process as always [and i burn no faster than 4x] and the software said the burn was successful and it was finished. immediately upon taking the disk out i noticed the data on the back looked wrong. it was dark and normal up until halfway across the disk, then theres still more data but its lighter.. the movie plays fine in a dvd player until the later part of the movie [my guess is its when it gets to the "light data"] then the player can no longer read it. every try since then does this. no matter how long the movie is when it gets to that part of the disk it starts writing light data? the thing is, the light data is readable in the computer. chapters are readable and everything no problem. i cant figure it out. idk why it would change the format halfway through or whatever its deciding to do.

ANY help pointers or advise is greatly appreciated.
    thanks -chris
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Possibly its a bad disc. Try burning the same movie again with a different blank disc. If that still occurs try using a different brand.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yea ive thought about that.. im using sony 4.7gb disks..
    they have worked up untill now.. but i will try other ones. ive wasted about 6 or 7 disks on this problem lol so im not sure if its the disks or not
    Quote Quote