VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, I've been ripping movies recently, then all of a sudden my burning rate went all the way down to like 1 mb/s for some reason. Then when I went to play the DVD on my computer it just skipped non stop and made it unwatchable, so I put another DVD in and it did the same thing, meanwhile they all run fine on my TV DVD player. Anyone know what happened? I didn't download any new software so I don't think it's that. I've also checked to make sure that DMA is enabled.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you changed media brands recently, or just bought a new spindle of a brand you have been using successfully in the past ?

Have you tried using DVD Info Pro or Nero DVD/CD Speed to do a read test and speed test on the disc in question ?

Have you tried a disc that you know previous worked to see if this is a problem with the computer drive, and not the discs ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried other DVDs in it and it's had the same problem. So I plugged in my HD DVD player for my XBox 360 and the DVDs play fine on that. So do you think I need a new DVD drive?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Dirty laser. CLean it

Writing too fast. write slower
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could be a dirty/failing laser or possibly DMA has been disabled or the burner is now in PIO mode.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote