VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I'm wondering what's a good blu-ray writer that can do dual layer blu-ray and is also not very expensive? I would also like a model that could read hd-dvd as well. How is the LG one that is around $250, does it burn dual layer blu-ray?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have the LG, the one with HD-DVD reading capabilities. Burns dual layer. Works great. Given the price, you should be fine with this one.
    Terje A. Bergesen
    Quote Quote  
  3. There is a new blu ray burner from Lg that is 6x. It is ok priced for blu ray burners at around 350-470.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nutcracker
    There is a new blu ray burner from Lg that is 6x. It is ok priced for blu ray burners at around 350-470.
    Ha ha, who told you that?

The GGW 20 can already burn BD-R at 6x!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Deleted
    Terje A. Bergesen
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I also have the LG GGW H20L. Capable of burning up to 6X BD-R. Can also burn dual layer BD discs. The addition of support and playback of HD DVD discs also makes this a great drive, considering HD DVD's are alot cheaper to buy than their Blu Ray counterpart.
    Quote Quote  
  7. LG for the price. Pioneer for quality (if you are willing to spend the extra money).
    Hash
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At this time Pioneer BDR-205 and Plextor PX-B940 (Pioneer clone) are the best in term of writing quality. Many of the BD-R 4x blanks can be burnet at 10x or even 12X. Forget about 8x Lg burners.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've had a Pioneer BDR-203 for a while and no problems with it. I've only tried the Verbatim BD-R 4X discs on it so far.
    Quote Quote