VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see this is a trial version, any idea where I can get a freeware version????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the tool page has the old freeware version. it used to be divxtodvd. not quite as good as the new one. use the new version's trial and if you like it, buy it. all-in-ones don't get any better than it.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. ConvertXtoDVD is not freeware.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unless you need something very specific to ConvertXtoDVD, FAVC provides a superior encoder at the cost of speed, and DVD Flick allows for joining multi-part titles. Both are free and worth checking out.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the new ConvertXtoDVD v3.xx supports avisynth scripts, but I'm still trying to get a decent reply as to how good the support for avisynth scripts are as I use soem very complex filter chains and functions, all I get it yes avisynth do work and thats from the so called moderators on convertx forums
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SCRIPTS! OMG I know nothing of them so I sure would be lost
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss
    the tool page has the old freeware version. it used to be divxtodvd. not quite as good as the new one. use the new version's trial and if you like it, buy it. all-in-ones don't get any better than it.
    I tried the old divxtodvd and was rather underwhelmed by it. ConvertX is much better . . . though I probably would not have purchased it were it not on sale at the time. I was a bit surprised to find out that it apparently owes a huge debt to FFMPEG, which is free, and I've since read something about some other conversion tool (besides the ones mentioned in this thread so far) that is also free. Can't recall the name at the moment, but the author posts to VH from time to time..
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again for the responses
    Quote Quote