VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi:

I'm not sure I'm in the correct forum.... If not please point me to the correct one....

I've got a DVD that I need to edit to remove long blank leaders and then convert to a WMV file for posting on a website. The DVD contains closed captions which I need to keep during the editing and conversion.

I've done some trivial video editing in the past, but, nothing that contains closed captions.

I really need some help with this...

How do convert the DVD to an AVI file for editing and keep the closed captioning?
    Assuming this is possible how do I then convert the edited AVI file to a WMV file and still keep the closed captions?

Tx
    Any help is definitely appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can't make a avi or wmv with closed captions but you can make it with permanent subtitles.

I think AutoGK can convert to an avi divx/xvid from closed captions. If not then you can rip the closed captions from the dvd using vsrip and then add it in AutoGK(hit CTRL-F8 to load external subtitles).

Then convert/edit the avi divx/xvid with subtitles in for example windows movie maker and convert to wmv.
    Quote Quote