VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Greetings, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

I just started trying to backup DVDs for my collection and downloaded 1Click DVD Copy Pro. I had used this before with DVD43, but this time when I attempted to install it I get the message that it does not work with 64 bit Windows versions. Is it possible to run it as a 32 bit app?

Thank you, again.

Best regards-

Nick
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would instead use the free dvdfabdecrypter to rip the disc to the hdd as I think dvd43 might not work with latest dvd releases. Then burn directly on dual layer media(8GB) or shrink with dvd shrink and burn on single layer media(4.7GB).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was able to install DVD43 in Vista Ultimate by first deactivating UAC, rebooting, then proceeding with the install. This worked with version 3.9.1.0; I haven't tried it with a later version because I've pretty much abandoned Vista. Good luck.

btw: DVD43 version 4.3.1.0 in combination with 1clickdvdcopypro has (so far) allowed me to rip any of the newer releases I've tried.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Addenda to my previous post:

Sorry; I was using Vista Ultimate 32 bit.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you both for taking the time to reply.

I took Baldrick's advice and tried DVDFabDecrypter. Took a while, I was downloading the most recent version and install kept telling me that there was a new version. I finally downloaded the beta version 5.0.2.8, I believe and it installed correctly.

The DVD I attempted to copy was Superbad Unrated Version, and it would not finish. (Kept getting errors) I then attempted to copy Millions, a Danny Boyle film, and it finished correctly.

I agree with wtsinnc, Vista sometimes seems more trouble than it is worth. If Vista 64 encounters a 32 bit program, it should simply and automatically run it as such.

Too bad though, I really enjoyed the simplicity of 1ClickDVDCopy and DVD43.
    Quote Quote