VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Greetings folks,

What exactly does log me in install on the "host" computer to enable it to be logged into from another location?

After it is installed, can it be easily removed?

Thanks a bunch folks.
    LG
    Quote Quote  
  2. It installs a small software client, with an icon in the system tray. It can simply be removed using add/remove programmes. You don't need any software on the remote PC (apart from accepting an ActiveX control) , just the access to the web and your "log me in" account details.

I have used the free version for a couple of years and find it invaluable. There are very good free alternatives such as VNC, but the big advantage for "log me in" is that it will work quite hapily through company firewalls whereas in my case VNC programmes won't by default.

I use it for remote assistance, and also within my house for running all my admin tasks on various PCs from the comfort of my armchair/laptop.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I checked it out a while ago and it seemed like a pretty good piece of software -- unfortunately my work has blocked the log-in page so I could never use it.
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I used it for my job. Just like was said it downloads and runs a small piece of software to your cache and provided nothing goes wrong (it rarely does) 100% remotes itself once the connection is finished.
    Quote Quote