VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if this is possible, but my computer has issues with mkv quite a bit. It keeps freezing. So i would like to convert it to avi with hard sub. Is that possible? I have tried using mkv extract to extract the audio and video along with the subtitles. Then i used mkvmerge to put the audio and video back together. Then i would use SUPER to convert the the joined media into avi. This often fails for some reason. I made sure that the frame rate is correct but stil it comes at as only ten minutes long. But let's take the example that it works. i then tried to use avi recomp to add the subtitles. it keeps failing to do it. the error message pops up to fast so i can't tell you what the error is. T^T. I managed to do this before and it worked. but nowadays i fail everytime. Help please.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did it work with same mkvs before? Because mkv could contain different video and audio and if it's variable frame rate it's even worse.

And have you tried play the mkv with media player classic and use haali media splitter and coreavc for h264/decoding? It may help a lot for slower computers.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No i haven't tried using the same files before. normally i use VLC but that crashes a lot when i use mkv. i guess i could use windows media though i personally don't really like it that much. thanxx anyways.
    Quote Quote