VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All,

I would like to know if it's possible to convert your video files and save them as .trp

I would like to add my home movies to my sat receiver but it only recognize .trp file format. I can edit .trp files
    with videredo but can save them as .trp .

I tried to save the files as .ts and then rename them to .trp but when i try to vied the files on my sat pvr it states that
    the file is 0kb in size.

I verified that the files is able to play in windows.

Any help would be appreciated please. I just want to know how to save files as .trp in videoredo.

Thanks....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    Did you get anywhere with this?
    i am trying to do the same thing, but have yet to find a solution. if i do i will post here
    cheers
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try this tool

-http://clarketech.funfiles.cc/thread.php?threadid=166

For clarke tech receiver but works on my TM 6900

1 Convert to mpeg2 with mediacoder
    2 Use Projectx to make ts
    3 Use ClarkeTech Movie Converter v1.01 to create files

On big file this makes folder with files inside
    eg video.ifo video.trp video.000 video.001 etc
    check your format

Note it works better with ac3 audio than mp2
    Java needs to be installed to run projectx

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Odellp
    Thanks for the help.
    I think i am almost there

I also have a TM6900. When i transfer the files across to my Hard Disk drive the TM 6900 does not see the new directory and files - is there another step that i need to do? - SORTED . I HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE NAMING CONVENTION!

Can you explain why the three steps are necessary to get the files to work (i noted that the Mediacoder can convert to ts, but when i tried it this way it did not work)? what is special about trp files and how different are they to ts files?
    why are the files so much larger than the original?
    sorry for al the questions!

Cheers again for your help
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi cloudwarrior

Sorry for the delay in replying-just back from holiday
    Mediacoder ts does not work for me.convert to mpeg2 then use projectx to ts.
    I think the CM converter just copies the ts file and renames to trp and creates the ifo file
    so TM 6900 can play the file

Are you having problem with bad audio clipping on playback like a scratched
    record on the loud parts?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by odellp View Post
    Try this tool

-http://clarketech.funfiles.cc/thread.php?threadid=166

For clarke tech receiver but works on my TM 6900

1 Convert to mpeg2 with mediacoder
    2 Use Projectx to make ts
    3 Use ClarkeTech Movie Converter v1.01 to create files

On big file this makes folder with files inside
    eg video.ifo video.trp video.000 video.001 etc
    check your format

Note it works better with ac3 audio than mp2
    Java needs to be installed to run projectx

Regards
    Hello,

I have downloaded the Clarketech Movie Converter file: it is a .rar file

I want run a .ts file through it. But do not know how to do this. How do I run this program?

Searched the net, but no luck.

I want to use it to follow ths instructions at: http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/197486-transferring-ts-files-technomate.html

To create files from flv and mp3 files, suitable for playing on my Teac set top box with usb pvr.

Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    After searching the net for many days and lots of hours and trying several different things, I have now worked out how to do the conversion process.

I have tested a few files and the videos play satisfactory on my set top box usb/pvr.

I will undertake the conversion process on many more files and then get back with an update and the process which I am using.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Instructions for conversion of flv and mp4 input files:

1. Transcode the flv or mp4 file to .ts using the free QUICKMEDIA CONVERTER, using the "easy" setting.
    Select <TS> button from the conversion formats towards the of the screen.
    Select <Dreambox, Freebox TS 4:3>
    Select <Start Conversion> button towards the bottom of the screen.

2. Run ct movie maker software.

First field is location of the .ts file to be worked with (select the first button).

Second field location of the folder where the saved files will be placed (select second button).

The third field is the name of the saved files (Third button is not used).

Press the <Erstellen> button to process the files.

A folder will be created with three files, .idx, .ifo and .trp

3. Copy the folder with the three files in it to the usb, which is used by the Teac set top box.
    Last edited by mymonaro; 4th Apr 2010 at 21:54. Reason: Super and Oxelon will not convert properly. Stay with Quick Media Converter, it works well.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello , Happy Easter...God bless you & all

I haven`t find the :
    First field is location of the .ts file to be worked with (select the first button).

Second field location of the folder where the saved files will be placed (select second button).

So please can you explane the all process , with more details ..
    Thankyou very much ...
    sam..
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sameer009 View Post
    Hello , Happy Easter...God bless you & all

I haven`t find the :

So please can you explane the all process , with more details ..
    Thankyou very much ...
    sam..
    The fields and buttons are visible when the "ct movie maker" program is run.

Have you been able to locate a copy of the "ct movie maker" program?

Apart from this....I am unsure what further information you are requiring.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ya ..Ya .. , I get it , the problem in the Winrar Pog. & it is solved , and I convert a sample of video , now I doesn`t test it to work in reciever .. since it is not avialable now near me , so I try to play the file of output ( trp ) with a : Video -trp- Player .. , but I hav`nt find of this player , I find GOM player and I test it and it is working but not sure that : GOM was the same as TRP ..!... . so please if you can able to give me a link of Video -trp- Player ...please put it here ,..
    Thankyou very much indeed ...
    best wishes... best regards ..
    sam..
    Last edited by sameer009; 4th Apr 2010 at 05:17.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    After recently extensively searching the net for freeware software, downloading, installing and using many different video player programs, I have only found two which will play the .trp files. They are:

smplayer: http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/

and

media player classic: http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/about-homepage.html

Good luck.

Regards,
    monaro
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi mymonaro ;

I appreciate your extensively searching ... , and you are exhuasted for that .. , a word of thankyou is not enough...,
    Now I had downloaing the player , but the trp doesn`t work , so I will try another one ... , there are more than one of smplayer...
    if you sure of one of them ... please define it; which of them ..
    thanks .,

Regards

sam
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the "thank you". However, it is not necessary.

The smplayer I downloaded and used successfully was the one from:
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/smplayer/smplayer-0.6.9-win32.exe

Were you able to play the .trp file in Media Player Classic?

I see from your information that you are from Baghdad-Iraq. How are things in Baghdad for you? I have never spoken to anyone on the net from Iraq. This is a first for me.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    I just came across another free video player with which I have been able to play .trp files.

http://www.spgsoft.com/video-player.html

In addition, at the same site there is a video splitter program and yes, it will work with .trp files.

http://www.spgsoft.com/video-splitter.html
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,..

I have get the satellite Strong-srt-4900HD ,I test the coverted video to trp in the STB ,but doesn`t work .. , I have check the file in the computer , when opened ; read 3 files ; ifo (verylow size),Idx(very low size) , trp ( high size : the same size of its TS file before convertion),
    What you think about where is the wrong or mistake ?.. can advice about ..?, now .. I will down load the players you sending ..., Now the most important thing is how to play the converted video in the STB (satellite) , and I am sure that the STB records and view the records directly from channels in the format of trp) and I had ask the Strong -technology.org , they asure that is trp besides my test in computer as mentioned above ..

I Thankyou for your kindly asking what things in Baghdad ; It Is Fiting upon or to get the treasure : ( rich petroleum ) ; so Iraq is coveted object...,( it is a forest law ) in the 21th Century..., Iraq lives in dangerous since2003 till now .. , but we hope becoms better , and waiting completion of new goverment , and it is necessary to continue helping from U.S.A. and the U.States was existing now in Iraq .. for this reason we have a hope ..
    Thankyou ...
    regards..
    sam ..
    Last edited by sameer009; 6th Apr 2010 at 04:24.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks Sam for the info about life in Iraq. Interesting reading.

With regard to the trp file not playing in your stb, I am not familiar with this unit, so sorry I do not have any ideas how to assist you.

Have you been able to play the trp file at your computer in a video player?

Bye,
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Ya.....,also doesn`t play in the video player ; both players you have send as well which I found in this forum , the only player works
    with trp is GOM player but this player is not as a rule since it is a codec & it check all format .The players you have send smplayer is the best
    and since it doesn`t work in both stb & smplayer , it means the problem from the conversion , I will try more searching & testing till solving
    the playing video .

Thank u
    Regards .....

Sam.....
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the update.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi ,

Is available a video converter to : GOM ...? , since some records in my unit was in GOM .. and others in trp file..?

Thanks...

see you here ..
    sam..
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Sorry, but I do not understand your post. Are you asking if gom is a video file extension? I know of the Gom video player, but this is for a range of file extensions.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thankyou for the fast replay....
    Ya . . also as I get information about GOM that it is a player ( for all type of video..) , but by chance one day I record from my unit , then checked with property in computer.; I found it is : GOM , I havn`t get more with next records , but all with (trp,idx,ifo) .. this bring me to think may be ; If GOM format exist then to convert & try ... since all what I convert to trp with ; ct movie maker , doesn`t work in both in my unit & in the smplayer ...
    now I come back to convert a new record with ct movie maker , but please tell me : difinitly must be the records in the form of ( ts ) only ...which added to file of converter then doing start ( <Erstellen> )...,?.. , and there is no problem if the ( ts ) record was converted from ( flv) to ( ts ) with any converter..? , my converted records was done (with Total Video converter ) ...., any remembering of ideas .. please inform me ..
    thanks
    see you
    sam..
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    I do not know what to suggest you try from here....sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    O.K.,..thankyou..
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Good luck, I hope you find a solution to your conversion problem.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Found another freeware videp player which will play .trp files:

http://www.altools.com/

Look for the Alshow program.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi ;
    Sorry for delay...'
    Thankyou ... for : http://www.altools.com/ , I cann`t Know how & which one to be downloded..., there is 2 version ;ALzip 7.52forWindows 7 &(ALToolbar 1.52 with)Video Downloader .., or : ALShow v1.91 is availa... & ALToolbar v1.52 is avai... ,Idownloaded both .. , when opened and install them I doesn`t get aplayer .. , but get aprogram for toolbar .. Not a conventional payer that have a port of file opening (adding) ..
    so please can you some explaning.. , I find another video converter named ;Ct video converter( not CT video maker ) but this doesn`t work ... , I find you have asking to the Auther the same ( not opened) in other forum .., have get the answer about that ...
    Thanks ...
    regards..
    sam..
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    You need AlShow. Here is a download link: http://download.cnet.com/ALShow/3000-13632_4-10479735.html?tag=mncol

Yes, I found the CT Movie Converter program a while back and yes, I did ask how to use it at another forum. The .rar file is a compressed file, which I found out later. I managed to uncompress it, but as CT Movie Maker is working for me, I did not use CT Movie Converter.....the notes in the compressed file state that it does not create one of the file types which I require for my set top box.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thankyou... yes it was working .. for the converted to trp ...I will record some : directly from the STB , to test it in the ALShow.. ,
    regards ...
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Good luck....
    Quote Quote