VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm getting a really, really weird diagonal line when playing a file a ran through VirtualDub Deshaker. Captured video is PAL and encoded in Huffyuv. I've attached a screenshot. Does anyone know what would cause this?

diagonal%20line.png
    Quote Quote  
  2. What's the output resolution?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The resolution is 614x452 (I cropped it a bit to get rid of some artifacts on the edges). I was actually doing some digging.. it looks like I captured it in NTSC resolution (do'y). That might be making deshaker do weird things.
    Quote Quote  
  4. My guess is it's your resolution that's causing it. Your width is Mod2 (only divisible by 2), and from the HuffYUV docs:
    Huffyuv assumes that your video has a horizontal resolution which is a multiple of four. I may remove this limitation in the future.
    http://neuron2.net/www.math.berkeley.edu/benrg/huffyuv.html#Configuring

I think it's either that or Deshaker itself wants a Mod4 or better resolution. Anyway, for best compatibility and encoder efficiency, especially with interlaced sources, I would never encode something with a Mod2 height or width.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeah, HuffYUV will encode a mod2 frame size but crashes on decoding in VirtualDub. It plays back exactly like the OP's sample in media players.
    Quote Quote