VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need a program to help me download videos off youtube in the highest quality. Keepvid.com does this with their mp4 downloads, and YuBiGet does this as well. But I need a program that does this faster than just one at a time, perhaps a batch downloader. Please don't suggest any youtube downloader, as I'm really looking for one that downloads the HIGH QUALITY videos from the youtube repository.

To see if YOUR youtube downloader does this. Download the video at:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVhE0mGCMpA

and if the mp4 is 16mb or more, it DOES download HIGH QUALITY.
    but if the file is less than 14mb, it does NOT download high quality.

I'm downloading a LOT of videos, so hopefully something that does this efficiently (i.e. not having to go name each file, just using the youtube filename). There's a billion youtube video programs, I'm sure one of them can do this!

NEED YOUTUBE DOWNLOADER with:
    -HIGH QUALITY VIDEO DOWNLOAD
    -BATCH DOWNLOADER

BTW, RealPlayer does NOT do this. It only downloads the low quality videos.

PLEASE HELP!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Keepvid.com has happily given me a link to the .mp4 version of the file at 16.3 MB

That said, quality is a relative thing, and very much in the eye of the beholder. While the so-called High Quality version is better than he standard YouTube flv version, the quality of most of these is still sub VCD and nothing to write home about.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I know KeepVid does that, but I need something more efficient than that, as I will be downloading MANY videos. It'd be very tedious to do that. And as for quality, thats the best I could get out of youtube. Know of any programs that can batch download the High Quality youtube videos?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have never considered YouTube high quality to be very good anyway, nor the content of the videos worth downloading in any quantity, so Keepvid has been enough for my modest youtube needs.

When I did look at downloading apps for youtube at the request of a colleague, I found the bulk of them to be cheap and unreliable at best, and limited to only downloading the standard flv files.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tried this one. It works with .flv only.

http://www.effectmatrix.com/Youtube_video_download_tool/index.htm
    Quote Quote