VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After I bring my AVI file (from a DVR-CCTV recording file) into PE4 and editing it makes the footage choppy and drags the frames so the images' outline blurs across in the movie. Also, when exporting the video, the video freezes and plays throughout the video in Microsoft Windows Media player.

I need help.....

Tina
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you post the details of your avi file? Video, audio codec, framerate, interlaced, etc. Identify with gspot or mediainfo.
    Are you converting to same framerate as the source?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i brought my video into GSPOT per your message:

AVI v1.0
    Codec: CRAM
    Name: Microsoft Video 1

640x480
    Frames 30.00

Frms: 1336
    kbps: 15083
    Qf: 1.641

When i bring this file into PE4, the frame size goes all the way up to 2331 (why would it double in size?)

I also have ATI Video Converter on my computer, do I use this software to convert this file before bringing it into Microsoft Premiere Elements? If so, what setting should I use?

Thanks for you help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You definitely have compatibility issues with the type of AVI file. The .avi extension is broadly applied to a diverse range of video files, and one type of AVI may be totally incompatible with another. That is why you needed the GSpot info. And, indeed, GSPOT tells you that your system doesn't even have the proper codec installed for that type of AVI (although Microsoft Video 1 is very common). You should convert the video to DV-AVI for use with Premiere. I am unfamiliar with the ATI Video Converter, and cannot tell you if that will work. If you can't make the conversion with that, you will need to use VirtualDub with a DV codec like Cedocida (both free).
    Quote Quote