VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Philips monitor Model 107T that is super for most things until recently. I've had some problems occur recently all relating to color and the appearance of webpages and photos. I think somehow my monitor's settings have been changed -- or lost themselves, or whatever! How can I reset my monitor to the settings it had when it was new from the factory. Also, am I guessing wrong and should I be looking at something other than factory default settings??? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not familiar with that particular Phillips monitor, but most have a reset button. I have a 150S and it's right on the front. Also try using the degauss button or control on the monitor. That sometimes helps. Most times a monitor doesn't change color settings by itself unless something is failing in it. More likely your problem is in your video card settings.

That monitor appears to be a flat screen CRT, so in your video card settings, you might check your refresh rate to see it's more than 60Hz, up to 85Hz is usually good, depending on your video card. And make sure the resolution is set high enough, probably 1024 X 768 or higher. You also may also be able to reset your video card color, etc., settings. Most of them have to do with color adjustments.
    Quote Quote