VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have download some movies from online which were .AVI format, and i have converted those format to DVD format which were Audio_TS and Video_TS files, then i using the Nero to burning those files to a dvd disc. after i played in the sony player it can't be play out . it show something prohibite.... does anybody it how to fix it . i would be very appreciate for it. thank you..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you are in the states then the avi probably need to be ntsc while being encoded to dvd spec mpeg-2. avi's are usually 25fps (pal) and u.s. sony's are known for not playing pal.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What program did you use to convert the AVI to a DVD format? And I would recommend ImgBurn instead of Nero most times for burning. Also, what brand of DVD media are you using?

A prohibition error most times is from something done during the conversion process, such as a improper video/audio format or something out of specification with the DVD format. Do you have the exact wording of that error?

EDIT: aedipuss has a good point about PAL video. You can drop one of the VOBs from the DVD into Gspot and see if it shows up as 25fps video. Then that could be your problem. A converter program like ConvertXToDVD or FAVC should be able to convert the original file to NTSC, which is the format used in the US.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    What program did you use to convert the AVI to a DVD format? And I would recommend ImgBurn instead of Nero most times for burning. Also, what brand of DVD media are you using?

A prohibition error most times is from something done during the conversion process, such as a improper video/audio format or something out of specification with the DVD format. Do you have the exact wording of that error?

EDIT: aedipuss has a good point about PAL video. You can drop one of the VOBs from the DVD into Gspot and see if it shows up as 25fps video. Then that could be your problem. A converter program like ConvertXToDVD or FAVC should be able to convert the original file to NTSC, which is the format used in the US.

well i can playing in some other kind of dvd players like toshiba. do you think it could be a regions free problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no, sonys don't do pal in the u.s.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you for all the suggestion above.
    i already solve the problem
    Quote Quote