VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Let say I close firefox with 5 tabs opened, is there a way for firefox to reopen them the next time I start it ?

Also can you make firefox use up all of the screen for websites that are set to display in the middle.. say this page for example right now is in the middle of the screen and the sides are not used up.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use Tab Mix Plus to enhance the tab facility. It can certainly be set to open with the same tabs as were open when you last closed.

Websites that use CSS or similar to restrict the width will look narrow and centred in FF. I don't know of anyway around this, as this is how the sites are designed to be viewed.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I agree, have a look at Tab Mix Plus

Its much better than what FireFox has built-in and makes life a lot easier if you use tab browsing and if you have a crash you don't lose what you were looking at, if you have that option set

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't want to install another add-on, in FF2, click Tools > Options > Main. In the Startup box, click the dropdown and pick "Show my windows and tabs from last time".

In FF3, they give you a choice to save your tabs every time you shutdown. Official release is in June, but RC1 is up and works great. It's a lot faster. I hear it's pretty much done but they're waiting for more extensions to catch up.

I don't know how it handles crashes, though. Luckily I haven't had one in a long time.

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mozilla firefox v5 will by default open all tabs that were closed last time mozilla firefox v5 was shut down.

I do it all the time for day to day studies, saves time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Must have missed the release of version 5 . . . . .
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bjs
    Mozilla firefox v5 will by default open all tabs that were closed last time mozilla firefox v5 was shut down.

I do it all the time for day to day studies, saves time.

Time traveler located. Sending black helicopters.
    Quote Quote