VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a player that has the option to step through (frame by frame) most video formats using the keyboard (left/right arrows as we see in VDub)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Zoom player and probably others can. In Zoom, it's selected by the clicking the mouse wheel, then you can step through the video one frame at a time by using the wheel. Maybe the keyboard also, but I find the wheel easier. I use the Pro version, I don't know if the freeware version can do that.

EDIT: Zoom does also work with the keyboard with the Shift plus , and . keys. Or you can customize the settings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. MPC has forward and backwards step -- but backward doesn't seem to work all the time. KMPlayer has both, both work, and you can configure them to whatever keys you want.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why not use VDub? I do when I want to go one frame at a time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by olyteddy
    Why not use VDub? I do when I want to go one frame at a time.
    VDub rocks, but how do I get it to open and play all the wmv, mov, mpg4, etc?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Use a recent VirtualDub and install source plugins for those file types. Some are linked in this thread:

http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?s=43b1e5503ee6baa8b85866ddf58b64b6&act=ST&f=7&t=14639&st=105

If you get the DirectShow source plugin you can open any file DirectShow will open.
    Quote Quote