VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, Im a 16 years old and I love filming Bmx and skateboarding. This christmas I recieved a sony handycam DVD-108. I now have sony vegas pro 8.0. The problem is i cant even upload the videos becuase when ever I do, it says Warning: Error occured sony cannot open files. unsupported formatt. The files are in Mpeg-2 formatt. I have look everywhere for an answer to this question. Its driving me crazy because I really enjoy editing videos.
    Thanks you.
    Help ME!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like you might have the demo version? vegas opens mpeg-2 without any problem. if you have the full version try using vob2mpeg on the camera's vobs before opening with vegas.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This might be too much to ask, but can like walk me through the second thing? I have no idea what your talking about. Im not too good with this kind of stuff
    Help ME!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    download vob2mpeg(click on the name it's a link to the program page here where you can download it it's free). run the vob2mpg exe click on the little source folder next to the top blank white line and browse to where you have your vob saved. click on the little destination folder below the first one and browse to where you want the mpeg-2 file saved. click start. the program will convert the vob to mpeg-2.

check out the tools section in the left column for other useful free programs.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote