VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do i fit 10 full length vids into a DVD 9? what software should i use? i can only fit 3-4 full length vids into it.
    what should i do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Re-think your plan ?

You have three options

1. Use very low bitrates at standard resolution, producing low quality video

2. Use VCD resolution at standard to low VCD bitrates, and produce low resolution, VHS quality (maybe) video

Both options 1 and 2 will play on standard DVD players. Or

3. Encode the files to Xvid with AutoGK and burn as data. Playable on PCs and Divx/Xvid capable DVD players. This is the only option that will fit that amount of data without producing low quality video.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. file size = bitrate * running time
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    RALMAO!!!

10???????????? that is plain nuts!!!!
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  5. Maybe his "full length vids" are 22 minute TV shows.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    even so, that is 220mins....still LOL even on DVD-9...not worth the effort....just buy another DVD-9 and forget about it.

booyah!!!!
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is Kwag back?

This is reminiscent of the old "Put 7 hours of video on a VCD at high quality using KVCD!" posts that we used to get years ago.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ron spencer
    even so, that is 220mins....still LOL even on DVD-9...not worth the effort....just buy another DVD-9 and forget about it.
    booyah!!!!
    220 minutes = 3.5 to 4 hours. At 352x480 with a 2000-2500k VBR bitrate, 256k stereo, interlaced MPEG-2, with a GOOD ENCODER, that's really not an issue.

It's the same as "SP mode" on a DVD recorder (identical bitrate allocation, but for Half D1).

And on a DVD-5 (SL disc), yes.

MainConcept, Procoder, maybe even ConvertXToDVD. Author with TDA 3.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    been there done that....gross not worth the effort...poster already has one +r DL...get another one. They are super cheap on sale...verbatim.

this nonsense of half D1 is crazy, unless you watch on 10" TV
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ron spencer
    been there done that....gross not worth the effort...poster already has one +r DL...get another one. They are super cheap on sale...verbatim.

this nonsense of half D1 is crazy, unless you watch on 10" TV
    It's nice having the input of the person who is the final arbiter of what's acceptable and what's not for everone on earth under all situations!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hey its their time not mine...I don't care what they do....I just think with media so cheap why waste the effort?

LOL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hey its their time not mine...I don't care what they do....I just think with media so cheap why waste the effort?

LOL
    I dare say that conditions in the Philippines are different from whereever Ish-ka-bibble is .
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If minimal cost is the biggest consideration, I suggest VHS EP. Beats the hell out of any 1/2D1 mpg2 encode I can do that would put 8 hours of video on one DVD 9.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @bendixG15

if OP can afford a burner then can afford media, unless you infer there is a shortage of media in Philippines.....

BTW, Ish-ka-bibble is all around you!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by ron spencer
    if OP can afford a burner then can afford media
    No, in the long run media is more expensive than a burner.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ron spencer ... suggest you GOOGLE Ish-ka-bibble and discover the true meaning of the word .. it is not a place...

and oh, BTW I don't know if there is a shortage of media in the Philippines
    and I have no interest in the matter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't believe you actually googled it!!!!

RALMAO....you made my day!!!!!

thanks!!!!!

@jagabo

if OP cannot afford media then why did they buy burner? If they did this they they are beyond help of any type....
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Or if you can find them any where > DVD-18

Quote:

DVD-18 in an acronym that means a two-sided DVD disc with two layers of data on both sides of the disc -- in other terms, it is a two-sided disc ... in other terms, it is a two-sided disc that holds DVD-9 disc on both sides of it.

Now if I had those, Id be very happy doing my backups ... half the disc's

===

But seriously, Im looking more towards > http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/pioneer-bdr202-blu-ray-writer-drive/
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM

booyah!!!!
    people, routinely put 2hr movies on a sl dvd 4.5, so why not put 4 hrs on a dl dvd 9,

220 minutes yes, 420 minutes ( 10*42, 1hr shows ) NO !

his statemate about 3-4 vids calls into question, does he mean 3-4 hrs, or 3-4 movies or 3-4 episodes or what, how long is the run time ?

3-4 hrs on a DL for good quality, the term vids is ambiguous, the running time of the episodes is in question
    Quote Quote