VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ya my sister recorded some parts of a gig of mine on her camera, but she had the camera flipped 90 degrees counterclockwise and the camera did not auto correct for this, so ya its kinda hard to watch the video with my head tilted to the side- is there a way i can make the video right side up?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What type of video is it ? Use mediainfo or video inspector to find out

What do you want to do with the video after you fix it ? Do you want to create a DVD or just get a watchable file ?

Does the video roll while it is recording, or does she stop and start and turn the camera in between ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The only program that I know of that can rotate is Arcsoft Showbiz:
    http://www.arcsoft.com/products/showbiz/

I found this on Google:
    http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-Flip-and-Rotate.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It can be easily done in any editor, including virtualdub and avisynth. However he best way to do it depends on what needs to be done, and what format the file is in.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey buddy, I use Sony Vegas Version 6. Go to Tool > Video > Video Event Pan/Crop then adjust or rotate the way you like it. Hope this help. Happy editing!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can rotate it easily enough but remember that the aspect ratio will change and you will need to crop/resize it.

I use Adobe Premiere. Simply put your video on the time line and go to video effects panel and under motion, click on rotation and rotate it to whatever you want.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Theres a media player SMPlayer with an option to rotate vid 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise.
    Quote Quote