VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Per Cdfreaks.com's Bargain Basement the 100 pack spindles of VERBATIM DVD+/R will be on sale for $22.99 each in Sunday's 5/18/08 ad.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/sales/bestbuy.htm
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, but I find with the new manufacturing in India that they aren't as reliable now.

Anyway to know if they are from India by looking at the box?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, look for the country of origin. It's printed on the labels.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have yet to see a MII spindle and I've bought from Newegg, Office Max, Buy.com and Meritline in the last 6 months.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The One I went to today had both MIT and Made inm India....

The Made in India had rounded corners on the top of the spindle and the MIT had a thin raised lip on the top.

OT they also had Philips 5990s on the shelf that rung up at $59.99, Oh heck why not just call it $60!

The Box says WMV and USB2. I'm transferring some wmvs and also some mpg2s that stuttered on the 5982 as a test of the usb port and some avi's I'll be reporting back later. Alos a new design remote with Angle, Mute, Volume, Eject and strangely enough a rocker switch marked CH + -.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've only seen the MIS at BB, Office Max, and Sam's Club but MicroCenter only seems to have the MII. I'm not going to risk a spindle of 100 on an unknown product. Anyone had any experience with the MII single layers?
    Sorry, make that MIT, not MIS. Damn, these keys get smaller every day!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the tip TBoneit! By the way there is a 12% coupon for BB which can be used for blank dvd media!

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/P/v3/CouponWrapper.asp?E=10444;535932;1366205116;1;02&R=T...=1007&ci=50525

Don't use the PRINT button on that link.
    Just use your PRINT button on your browser page. Go to File then PRINT.
    Quote Quote  
  8. This might come as a surprise to some but............

the last couple spindles of Verbatim (Made in India) 16x DVD-R MCC 03RG20 media I got was every bit as good as the current MIT Verbatim in my opinion. I have not used enough MII +R MCC 004 yet to draw a conclusion. Keep in mind we are talking single layer media - not DL.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Nah... i'm 1/4th through my 6th 100pack spindle made in india and i've had no problems yet.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a nice spindle of the MII MCC 03RG20 as well.
    Quote Quote  
  11. The one problem I've found with the MIT Verbatims is that in the 50 disc spindles the bottom disc is always scuffed up. They seem to burn OK, However I'm only using them for unimportant things and not my Software directory. My software directory is where I keep all my downloaded and paid for programs and activations codes such as TMPGEnc and my Antivirus. As well as Freeware and codecs and such. That makes it much easier when I do one of my periodic re-installs.

It was great when you go to a B&M store and get MIJ media easily. Oh well, Everything is getting cheaper in quality.

Thanks for the Coupon link. I may just go back for more discs now. Hmmmm.... keep a 1,000+ discs on the shelf.... I wonder how long the unburned shelf life is Vs Burned life. Since I use them at work as well more is better than not enough.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I like the printable version better

Meritline has a rebate of $14
    $35.99 is the best price I've seen for the printable Verbatim DLs
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Newegg has the DVD-Rs for $19 with free shipping AR. Verbatim rebates are the fastest ones I've ever done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The "India" stigma is pretty much myth. Verbatim has already looked into this having any validity several times (as per Verbatim Europe), and there is simply nothing different about that facility over the others. Myth.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote