VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a video on my hard drive that is in the bin/cue format (two files). I used Nero and made a Nero Image (nrg) and then mounted that image with Daemon Tools and then played the video. It played fine with Media Player Classic. It is in VCD format. I want to burn this Nero Image to a disk. However, the file size is about 800MB. so I cannot burn it to a CD. When I tried to burn the image to a DVD disk, I got the following error message (See screenshot). How can I burn this image to a DVD disk? Ultimately, I want to play the disk on a DVD player.

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Get a 80 min cd and it will fit on a cdr/w. You cannot burn it directly on a dvd, you must then extract the content(with for example isobuster) and then burn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I should have added the following information. I have 3 such image files. While I might be able to squeeze each one on a CD, I don't want to do that. I want to put all 3 on a DVD disk. So I think there should be 3 vcds on one DVD disk. Can you explain how to do this? Should I use Isobuster?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could extract the MPEG-1 video out of your files, combine them and convert the audio to 48Khz, then author to DVD format. SVCD2DVD is one way to do that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    are you sure it's vcd? if it's svcd then they will burn to cd fine, as the format allows up to 825mbs per cd.

either format can have the mpeg 1 or 2 extracted with vcdeasy or isobuster.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for all the info. I have 3 Nero image files. I put one Nero image file in Isobuster (see screenshot 1 and 2). What should I do next? Should I extract out the mpeg1? If I can extract out the mpeg1, should I just burn these 3 mpeg1 files to a DVD disk to play in a DVD player? ( I think any DVD player will play raw mpeg1 files.) Or should I convert them to 3 vcds (vcd format) and burn to a DVD?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it's better to use isobuster on the bin. open the bin with isobuster, then right click on the avseq01.dat file and choose extract m2f2 frames. save it somewhere and you have the mpg.

kvcd is not standard vcd though.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/kvcd.cfm
    --
    Quote Quote  
  8. aedipuss,
    After I extract out the mpeg1, should I just burn the raw mpeg1 ( 3 of them) to a DVD disk, or should I convert each to a vcd format (use for example Svcd2Dvd) to play the final result in a DVD player? Also, can you tell me the difference between the 2 options (see screenshot)?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    since kvcd is non-standard vcd, i'd convert with something like svcd2dvd.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  10. I used Isobuster and choose"extract m2f2 frames" (see above screenshot) on the bin file and got the DAT file. I then used VCDgear to convert the DAT file to Mpeg1 (I don't know if this last step was necessary. Maybe I could have just renamed the DAT file to mpg.) At any rate, I burned this mpeg file to a DVD disk and it plays fine in my DVD player. I feel certain I will be able to repeat this with the other 2 bin files and then be able to get all 3 videos on one DVD disk. Thank you for the help.
    Quote Quote